Mar 6, 2006

Grading Papers

I believe Teaching is my 'calling' and I love my job. The school where I am currently working is much better than any other school where I've worked.

HOWEVER - - -

I have a mountain of papers to grade... Being an English Teacher means having a lot more reading and subjective grading rather than basic answer type papers with which I can get students to help me. So - of course - most of this mountain is due to - you guessed it - procrastination. I thought I was being more organized by having them keep all of their work in their folders but then I neglected to go through the folders regularly.

Yes, I'm whining when I should be grading papers but I've been grading for about two hours tonight . . . I needed a break. I'm sure I have time to get all this done - it isn't like I have to finish it all tonight but the longer I wait the more I'd like to finish grading by blowtorch - lol

I've got to get more organized. (Famous last words - I still have boxes that aren't unpacked from my move in June '05)

Oh well . . . back to the stacks......................

No comments: