Jan 1, 2008

2008 - A New Beginning?

"Tradition dictates that every 365 days, you should try to kick bad habits and start your life anew."

"Starting over! You know, you messed up a bit and it would be just great if you just begin again, clean the slate and start fresh? This explains the appeal of the New Year's holiday ... New year, new possibility ... Maybe this time you'll get it right."

January 1st is not only the start of the New Year, but is when many begin their New Year’s Resolutions ... Manage stress. Eat healthier. Exercise more. Spend more time with family.
Blah, blah, blah ...

But getting hung up on the past stops many people from reaching those new goals ... unfortunately all of those memories of all the stupid things you've done go running through your mind ... and somehow convince us that we are gonna get stuck in the same circle again this year.

I wanna stop that ... that is tiresome and tiring!! But how to pull out of the rut is the real challenge. The task sometimes seems so daunting that I hardly want to get out of bed to try. I've always said sleep was my drug of choice but that certainly isn't going to help accomplish any type of goal ... And making specific goals was never one of my talents.

But starting tomorrow - I've got to get up and go to work and just maybe that can be the jump start I need to keep moving. Cuz "Life goes on . . ."



1 comment:

ZED and ginger said...

I think maybe the way to do it is a conscious thing. I know with me it is. I have to consciously STOP myself when I start doing/thinking something I have resolved to NOT do anymore.

BTW, could you use a larger font? This teeny type is damn difficult to read!

g.