Oct 23, 2005

Too Many Questions

Life seems to bring more questions than answers these days.

It seems I am questioning everything I ever knew and I dont understand any of it anymore. As I look back at the beliefs I've held and the things I acknowledged as fact - I feel like I never really learned any of it. It seems that I need to reexamine my life. . . but I dont want to . . . it's too hard (my traditional pouty statements). But I know I gotta do what I gotta do.

I don't like feeling so depressive so much of the time. My family and my friends probably wonder why I cant just have a 'positive attitude'... But what they may not understand is that I feel the same way... why can't I just be positive?? I really love my teaching job this year; especially since last year was such a nightmare. And after a year of being a vagabond - I have a home. However, I am still feeling so disconnected . . . is it just that I'm not 'trying' . . . I dont know.

I tend to think too much instead of just doing what I need to do. . . Like this song lyric
"I think myself into jail" - a song lyric from an Indigo Girls song called Hammer and a Nail.

Some lyrics seem to speak about me - especially "I think myself into jail" - "I've been digging too deep, I always do" - "I'd found myself becoming more immobile"

However this song is about getting up and doing something about your problems with lyrics such as: "Gotta get out of bed - Get a hammer and a nail - Learn how to use my hands - Not just my head"

I need to learn to stop procrastinating somehow . . .

2 comments:

bkb said...

umm.... how about... training the Z meister to pounce on you and yeow at you!!

No need to thank me, if i was there i'd nag you. *grin*

-meggles

ZED and ginger said...

Yes, procrastination -- a common demon.

g.